Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Inspiration

I haven't posted for a while, but today definitely warrants one. I just got done with a conference today on Entrepreneurship and the new market landscape organized by Entrepreneur Magazine. Firstly, I was amazed that this event was FREE! Yes, thats right, FREE! This was done through just a single sponsorship by 'The UPS Store'. Just to get you a feel of the flavor of the event, the keynote speech was given by none other than Robert Kiyosaki, author of 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' (the bible/Quran of any entrepreneur/investor). There were a bunch of sessions on marketing, sales and money management and off course there was a lot of networking going on. I met quite a few interesting folks, some just getting started on the road to paradise (not getting told what to do) while others were already ready to launch their products. We all shared a common drive though, the drive to succeed, to become our own bosses and off course it wouldn't hurt to make some green in the process. I came away from the conference more inspired and energized than I already was and with some handy tips to put to use straight away in my life and business.

Funny joke I heard: When an entrepreneur starts a company, the company PBX(phone system) might say something like 'For Sales press 1, for marketing press 1, for Customer service press 1...

No comments: